Sonrise Children's Online Service
Sunday April 12, 2020 | Ages 5-9
Lead by Ms. Diane and Ms. Gianna
Hey Parents! We've designed our Sonrise online service in a way that includes your participation! From 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm we have a lesson for you to go over with your children at home which includes a praise and worship song. Then at 1:35 pm, have your children join us via ZOOM for our Sonrise Arts and Crafts session with Ms. Diane and Ms. Gianna! Follow the online service and lesson schedule below!
Sonrise Kids Online Service & Lesson Schedule
***1:00 pm - 1:30 pm with Parents***
1.) Praise and Worship Videos
One Two Three (Praise Song) https://youtu.be/MIf9jv4pVTM
Jesus Messiah (Worship) https://youtu.be/wzUzsmHq7kk
2.) Lesson- RESURRECTION SUNDAY | Objective: PARENTS! Help the kids to understand that Resurrection Sunday is the day where Jesus rose from the dead, defeating sin and death so we can have a new life. When we trust in Jesus our sins are forgiven. We can live a new kind of life that honors him and we can live in heaven someday.
• 1.) Go over the Memory Verse with your children: Psalm 51 :7 Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
• 2.) Play Video Lesson: https://youtu.be/27B5XuPoo6g
• 3.) Questions to ask your children after memory verse and video lesson:
- Who is Resurrection Sunday really about? Jesus
- What happened to Jesus on the third day after His death on the cross? He Rose
- Because He died on the cross for our sins, where can we live with Jesus one day? In Heaven
- What was your favorite part of the video?
After questions, read Romans 6:4: So when we were baptized, we were buried with Christ and shared his death. We were buried with him so that we could live a new life, just as Christ was raised from death by the wonderful power of the Father.
*Explain to the children after reading this verse that we can see it was prophesied years before Jesus' birth that on Palm Sunday, Jesus would ride on a donkey into Jerusalem-- and everyone would begin praising him!
Go over these Key Points of the lesson to remind our children:
• Resurrection Sunday is not about Easter eggs or bunnies.
• Resurrection Sunday is all about Jesus.
• We celebrate Resurrection Sunday because Jesus rose from the dead after dying on the cross for our sins.
• Resurrection also means that we'll rise from death into new life in Christ (Remind them of Romans 6:4).
• Because of the Resurrection, we have new life!
• End with the memory verse: Psalm 51 :7 Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Sonrise Kids 'Resurrection Sunday' Online Art Lesson Schedule
*** 1:35 pm with Ms. Diane and Ms. Patty***
SONRISE ZOOM ID: 413-035-0292
What the kids will need for their arts & crafts:
1. Construction paper (brown or black) as well as colorful colors (purple, pink, orange etc.)
2. Brown or black crayons if the paper is white.
3. A pencil.
5. A stick, branch or wire to hold artwork up.
*** PARENTS! The art portion of this lesson will stream live at 1:35 pm through our zoom account so our head teachers can interact with the children. Please have all craft needs assembled by 1:30 pm and be sure to take pictures of your children working, as well as their art!