Sonrise Children's Online Service
Sunday August 2, 2020 | Ages 5-9
Lead by Ms. Lis
Hey Parents! We've designed our Sonrise online service in a way that includes your participation! From 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm we have a lesson for you to go over with your children at home which includes a praise and worship song. Then at 1:35 pm, have your children join us via ZOOM for our Sonrise Arts and Crafts session with Ms. Diane and Ms. Gianna! Follow the online service and lesson schedule below!
Sonrise Kids Online Service & Lesson Schedule
***1:00 pm - 1:30 pm with Parents***
1.) Praise and Worship Songs
I Will Pray (Praise Song)
2.) Lesson- Does God Want me to be Happy?
Objective: Today, we’re talking about happiness. We all like to be happy, right? When we think of happiness, we think of the things that make us smile, laugh, and eating things that make us say, “YUM!”. Being happy is great but it’s not necessarily the best. You know why? Because, happiness is a temporary feeling. You can be happy one minute and then sad the next, based on your situation. If all you care about is the temporary happy feeling, then you will probably make some bad choices along the way. For example, you might think being happy means eating all the candy you want. But, you realize afterwards, that you’re upset stomach doesn’t make you so happy. That’s why God doesn’t want us to be just happy for a moment. He wants us to be more than happy. He wants us to have a lasting happiness that comes from a relationship with him. God knows everything and he knows what we need. If we put him first in our lives, he will show us what it means to be more than happy.
• Go over the Memory Verse with your children: Psalm 37:4- Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.
• Play Video Lesson: https://youtu.be/w9rBzZfO4cw
• Key Points to go over with your children:
1. God never said we will always be happy.
2. Chasing happiness can lead us down the wrong path.
3. God wants you to be more than happy.
• Questions to ask your children after the memory verse and video:
1. What was your favorite part about the video? What's one thing you learned from it?
2. If you could eat whatever you wanted all day, what would you choose? What are consequences of eating too much of a good thing?
3. Does it surprise you to know that God never said you'll always be happy?
• End with the memory verse: Psalm 37:4- Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Sonrise Kids Sunday Online Art Lesson Schedule
*** 1:30 pm with Ms. Lis ***
SONRISE ZOOM ID & PASSWORD will be sent through e-mail and WhatsApp chat for privacy protection. For access please email us at email@example.com.
What the kids will need for their arts & crafts:
1. Watch the video
2. Read the Story
*** PARENTS! The art portion of this lesson will stream live at 1:45 pm through our zoom account so our head teachers can interact with the children. Please see the video and read the story by 1:35 pm and be sure to take pictures of your children working!